Friday, May 13, 2016

Things my parents never prepared me for.

I'm not necessarily upset. There are some things that parents CANNOT prepare their kids for, good or bad. New flavors of skittles. New flavors of jelly beans. Coke or Pepsi. But right now the biggest thing I was never prepared for and it didn't hit me until like and hour ago is that tomorrow I will be a single mom at a gay wedding. I'm so happy for my friends. They are adorable and happy, they deserve this. Gay marriage just wasn't imaginable when I was growing up. Wedding Crashers had no gay weddings. I've never been to a wedding single before. And I have kids. Do single moms pick up guys at weddings? Do we pick up girls at weddings? Will it be like most nights where I'm exhausted by 8pm and ready to just go home. Will someone want to dance with me? Gay or straight?

I know a wedding is a wedding, but I've never done this single. I know there will be straight guys there, but I'm 33 now, are there even any guys out there interested in 33yo spinsters with kids?

I'm sure it will be fine. But I guess shaving and maintenance is a must now!

No comments:

Post a Comment